Leakage of chemicals caused poisoning of children near Tyumen
The incident occurred on August 18, when it was reported that thirteen children felt unwell after visiting the pool of a private hot spring, three of them, born in 2012, 2015 and 2016, needed medical attention. It was assumed that they were poisoned by chlorine vapor.
"The prosecutor's check on the fact of providing medical care to children after swimming in the pool at the recreation center in the Tyumen district has been completed. It was found that due to improper maintenance of the equipment used at the recreation center, there was a leak of chemicals used to disinfect the water in the pool, which led to a deterioration in the health of children bathing in it. Three minors were taken to a health care facility, two of them were hospitalized," the press service of the department reports.
It is noted that the prosecutor's office of the Tyumen district, following the results of the audit, made an idea to the head of the legal entity about the elimination of violations, as a result of which the manager of the recreation center was brought to disciplinary responsibility. Children who required medical care were compensated for moral damage in the total amount of 375 thousand rubles.