TDK Corporation presents the new TMR angle sensor TAD2141 with digital output
The automatic correction function, which is only available with the TAD2141, considerably reduces the design-in effort. Moreover, the new angle sensor is equipped with a self-diagnostic function that detects not only an abnormality in the sensor itself, but also any abnormalities in the exterior environment, such as a power failure or loss of the magnetic field. Thanks to the integrated ASIC, this sensor is capable of digital output with all kinds of interfaces, such as SPI, Hall-Emulation (HSM), PWM and encoder (AZB). It also uses the ASIC design technology from ICsense, an ASIC design specialist, which TDK acquired in March 2017. Based on this technology combination TDK is able to offer modular sensor solutions, including ASICs.
The main applications of the new sensor include industrial and robotics applications, as well as automotive applications focusing on future systems for automated driving. The range of possible applications will be further extended in the future.
The new TMR angle sensor will be exhibited alongside TDK's wide range of sensors at Sensors Expo in San Jose, USA, which will be held on June 28 and 29.
* Angle accuracy that is achieved under specific conditions
** When automatic correction function is activated
*** Status: June 2017 according to studies by TDK
- TMR: Tunnel magneto resistance. Of all magnetic field sensors, this offers the greatest sensitivity.
- Detection of angle of rotation in automotive applications, such as EPS drives and brushless motors, as well as steering angle and pedal positions
- Detection of angle of rotation of motors in industrial applications, robot linkages, drones, actuator positions etc.
- World's highest accuracy for angle error of just ±0.05°
- Guaranteed accuracy of angle error of ±0.2°
- Digital output for all major interfaces, realized with ASICs from ICsense
- Automatic correction function and compensation of system errors
- Contactless 360° angle measurement
- Suitable for automotive applications, thanks to a wide temperature range from -40 °C to +150 °C
Type TAD2141 Packaging size TSSOP-16 Digital outputs SPI, HSM, PWM, Encoder (AZB) Guaranteed accuracy ±0.2° Temperature range -40 °C to150 ? Magnetic field measuring range 20 mT to 80 mT (typ.)
20 mT to 150 mT (max.)
Safety Automatic correction function Sample scheduled to be shipped June 2017