Sao Paulo's Regional Council of Engineering and Agronomy Selects Level 3
The state of São Paulo's Regional Council for Engineering and Agronomy (CREA-SP), needed to update its legacy technology and selected Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) to provide the committee's registration and activity management systems.
Through a bidding process, Level 3 was selected to host and store CREA-SP's registration system, CREANet and its Documentum tool, which enables the management of customer service activities in the council's web environment. Contracted services include a protected Local Area Network (LAN-to-LAN) connection, internet, backup and installation, and configuration, monitoring, management and maintenance services.
- CREA-SP is Latin America's largest council for the inspection of professional practice.
- The technical solution includes a corporate computer network with virtualization services, backup, security services, monitoring, management of cloud and virtual servers and a LAN-to-LAN connecting CREA-SP's headquarter to Level 3's data center in Cotia.
- Level 3's global backbone, with extensive flexibility and reach, supports all of CREA-SP's data movement, which is now done through a secure communications channel with high availability and capability. The servers possess the same digital certifications utilized in Internet Banking systems.
- Level 3's power substation with a capacity of 20 MW at the data center ensures continuity of power supply for the operation of equipment and applications, and played a key role in CREA-SP's selection.
About Level 3's Data Center Network:
- Level 3 operates three data centers in Brazil, and approximately 360 worldwide.
- Level 3's global data center footprint has direct connectivity to its more than 320,000 km of fiber network and metro market reach in more than 60 countries with a comprehensive services portfolio.
- Level 3 meets a wide variety of data center demands, ranging from cloud and virtual services to hosting, storage and backup to operating system management.
- Level 3 data centers are managed on-site by a team of specialized technicians.
Erick Mendes, IT Manager, CREA-SP
"By signing this project with Level 3, a global company providing highly reliable services in the market, we were able to achieve our target of modernizing our technology infrastructure. As a result, CREA-SP is able to provide a huge leap in the quality of the service provided to our customers and professionals."
André Magno, Director of Data Center and Security, Level 3 Brazil
"We know customer experience and flexibility are key differentiators that create loyal and satisfied users. We focus on professional services for customers with complex computing environments so we can provide highly availability, secure services to help their business grow."
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities.