YuMe today released its Power of Video research
OREANDA-NEWS. YuMe, Inc., (NYSE:YUME), the global audience technology company powered by data-driven insights and multi-screen expertise today released its Power of Video research, which highlights consumer survey results focused on understanding video’s role as an engagement and sales-driver. The findings reinforce the value of digital video campaigns in triggering video sharing, eliciting strong emotional response and driving action, with 66% of digital video viewers indicating they’ve taken action after seeing a digital video ad.
“This study clearly reinforces what our clients have long known: the true power of video is its ability to drive stronger engagement and positively impact sales,” said Stephanie Gaines, Vice President, Corporate Marketing, YuMe. “This is an exciting time for digital advertising, as we’re seeing video ads deliver real returns against sales metrics. As our findings indicate, consumers respond well to video by engaging, sharing and buying products, at a rate that is 1.7x more effective than other forms of digital advertising.”
Key findings of the study include:
Digital Video Drives Sales
- 66% of digital video viewers took action after seeing a digital video ad
- Video ads are nearly twice as effective in driving purchases than image or text ads
- 25% purchased a product after seeing a video ad, and 74% of those did so in the past month
Digital Video is Memorable and Shareable
- 73% of respondents remember more from video than other types of content
- Two times more likely to tell others about a video ad than image or text ads
- 32% of viewers invited others to watch
Digital Video Elicits Strong Emotional Response and Engagement
- 80% of respondents had an emotional reaction while watching an ad
- Over 50% of digital video viewers are more likely to pay attention to a digital video ad than ads with images or text only
“YuMe’s study reinforces what we have seen in our campaign results as well; our video ad strategy plays an important role in influencing path to purchase behavior, driving sales and raising brand awareness,” said Kevin VanValkenburgh, Vice President of Connections Planning, The Tombras Group.
YuMe commissioned Vision Critical to survey more than 1,000 respondents to understand the power of video today and its role in digital advertising.
YuMe, Inc. (NYSE: YUME) is a leading provider of global audience technologies, curating relationships between brand advertisers and consumers of premium video content across a growing range of connected devices. Combining data-driven technologies with deep insight into audience behavior, YuMe offers brand advertisers end-to-end marketing software that establishes greater brand resonance with engaged consumers. It is the evolution of brand advertising for an ever-expanding video ecosystem. YuMe is headquartered in Redwood City, California, with worldwide offices.