Level 3 Awarded Extension on GSA's Networx Enterprise Contract
OREANDA-NEWS. Level 3 Communications (NYSE: LVLT) today announced the General Services Administration (GSA) has awarded the company an extension on its Networx Enterprise contract. The contract allows Level 3 to bid on and deliver telecommunications solutions to support the GSA's goal of providing federal agencies access to a broad range of domestic and international network services.
- GSA's Networx Enterprise contract was originally set to expire in May 2017, but is being extended until May 2020 in order to give agencies time to transition to the next generation acquisition, Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS), which is currently an active solicitation.
- More than 300 U.S. government departments and agencies rely on Level 3's consultative approach to help meet complex network requirements.
- Level 3 provides critical networking support to civilian agencies, the Department of Defense, systems integrators, state/local government agencies and educational/research institutions.
David Young, Regional Vice President, Level 3's Government Markets Group
"The importance of a smooth transition to the EIS contract cannot be overestimated, and Level 3 is pleased that the GSA is providing us with this extension to best meet the needs of the departments and agencies we serve. Level 3 prides itself on helping our customers achieve their mission critical objectives by delivering a wide variety of global network services, and we look forward to our continued support of these groups."
Level 3 is Authorized to Bid on and Provide:
- Ethernet services
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) services
- Internet services
- Collaboration services
- Private line services
- Wavelength services
- Cloud connectivity services
- SIP trunking services
- Security services
- Managed services
- Colocation services
- Content Delivery Network (CDN) services
- Dark fiber
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.