Level 3 Communications, Inc. received the Tier III Certification of Design Documents
OREANDA-NEWS. Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) received the Tier III Certification of Design Documents from Uptime Institute for its data center in Cotia, S?o Paulo, Brazil, signifying high design standards for data center infrastructure and capability. The data center in Cotia is one of three Level 3 operates in the region.
About the Certification:
- The Tier III Certification of Design Documents recognition indicates a data center design meets the demands determined by the global parameter system and the norms of the Uptime Institute for Simultaneous Maintenance.
- The ability for data center operators to isolate components and perform planned maintenance without suspending the data center's operations or affecting IT operations is a key element.
- Level 3 operates three data centers in Brazil, and more than 350 worldwide.
- Level 3's data centers host both Level 3's and customers' IT environments.
- Level 3's global data center footprint has direct connectivity to its more than 320.000 km of fiber network and metro market reach in more than 60 countries.
- Level 3 activated a power substation with capacity of 20 MW to feed its data center in Cotia. This capacity is enough to support growth of up to four times the current power demand, providing the flexibility to support customers' growth.
- Level 3 data centers are managed on-site by a team of specialized technicians.
- For more information about Level 3's data center services, visit: http://datacenters.level3.com/.
About the Uptime Institute Certification:
- The Uptime Institute is an independent international consulting organization, generally adopted by the market as reference for market practices on data center critical infrastructure.
- In general, a Tier III design certification takes into consideration the construction and operation of the data center, including physical and logical safety structures, air conditioning and power structures, in addition to operational procedures and the ability to identify and isolate eventual issues, guaranteeing the maintenance of specific areas without impacting other parts of the infrastructure.
Andre Magno, Director of Data Center and Security, Level 3 Brazil
"We understand our customers depend on us for a reliable data center experience and we are committed to delivering this secure, efficient and scalable solution. From the beginning of this project, a deep analysis was made to design a facility that considers our customers' security and the quality of the services provided to them, to meet the high standards demanded by the Uptime Institute."
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities.