Level 3 Solutions Recognized in Gartner's 2016 "Critical Capabilities for Wireline Telecom Services, U.S."
OREANDA-NEWS. Global telecommunications provider Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) has been recognized in the February 2016 Gartner Critical Capabilities for Wireline Telecom Services, U.S.1. Nine providers were evaluated on five use cases reflecting the most common networking scenarios enterprises are facing, including: Large Enterprise – Managed and Unmanaged services, Midsize Enterprise, Hybrid Core WAN Network and Branch Office wireline networking.
- Gartner's Critical Capabilities is a tool customers can use to evaluate the technology or service that best fits their needs. The tool provides a comparative analysis that scores competing products or services against Gartner's set of critical differentiators.
- Each service provider's product or service is evaluated on a scale ranging from 1.00 to 5.00, with 1 being a "Poor" rating defined as "Most or all defined requirements not achieved" and 5 being an "Outstanding" rating defined as "Significantly exceeds requirements" in terms of how well it delivers and differentiates on each capability.
- Gartner's Critical Capabilities reports complement their Magic Quadrant analyses, providing deeper insight into the products and services offered in a region by multiple vendors.
- In Gartner's 2016 "Critical Capabilities for Wireline Telecom Services, U.S.," Level 3 received a 4.05 out of 5 in both Large-Enterprise Unmanaged and Hybrid Core WAN Network Use Cases.
- Level 3 is positioned in the Challengers Quadrant in the January 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Network Services, Global, a report evaluating 12 network service providers on the completeness of their vision and their ability to execute on services and strategy.
Anthony Christie, chief marketing officer, Level 3
"As a global network services provider, we understand the needs of businesses evolve, but what remains consistent is the desire to have network solutions that address growth, efficiency and security while enabling an exceptional customer experience. This is why Level 3 is committed to making it easy for enterprises to do business with us by offering secure, agile and efficient solutions."
The Gartner Critical Capabilities for Wireline Telecom, U.S., February 2016 report is available at: https://www.gartner.com/doc/reprints?id=1-32WMXHH&ct=160405&st=sb.
About the Gartner Critical Capabilities Report:
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
1 Gartner, Critical Capabilities for U.S. Wireline Telecom Services, U.S., February 2016 - Danellie Young, Sorell Slaymaker. Published: 29 February 2016
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities.