AbilityNet Tuels Its Social Mission with NetSuite
AbilityNet helps people with any disability of any age use digital technology at work, at home or in education. Previously, the charity had offices across the UK running with silos of information in Excel and Access databases scattered across its locations and shared through email, along with an aging Sage 50 on-premise system for accounting. As AbilityNet grew to serve more people, it outgrew Sage and also needed to eliminate the multiple disparate systems it was running on and install a centralised system for greater administrative control and auditing.To further support this worthy cause, NetSuite, through its Corporate Citizenship arm NetSuite.org which offers free and discounted software to qualified nonprofits and social enterprises, donated licenses of its software suite to AbilityNet.
Since adopting NetSuite, AbilityNet has seen the following benefits:
- A flexible and powerful development platform. NetSuite’s powerful SuiteCloud development platform enables AbilityNet’s technical team to customise NetSuite to meet their unique business requirements and needs, specific to its complex organisational structure, working with clients, government agencies and private firms. The organisation has also developed a customised process that identifies potential disabled testers for applications or websites, and sends them an email to determine their availability and schedules the testing, all from within NetSuite. Before developing that process workflow, an administrator would need to spend a day orchestrating that process.
- Robust integration capabilities. NetSuite provides for deep integrations with complementary solutions. For example, AbilityNet has developed integrations with an organisation that provides services that serve as a precursor to AbilityNet, allowing for detailed data sharing on occupational health and accessibility, eliminating previous manual inputs, email and phone calls that were prone to error.
- Significant savings in IT costs and complexity. NetSuite's proven, secure cloud solution eliminates the hassles of managing, maintaining and upgrading business applications and offered significant savings over the previous environment.
- 360-degree customer visibility. NetSuite’s unified system gives AbilityNet better visibility into the constituents it serves and the businesses it provides services and consulting for, enabling them to provide better support and service.
- Built-in business intelligence. NetSuite dashboards and automated reports give the organisation real-time access to its business performance for better decision making.
In 1998, NetSuite pioneered the Cloud Computing revolution, establishing the world’s first company dedicated to delivering business applications over the Internet. Today, NetSuite provides a suite of cloud-based financials / Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and omnichannel commerce software that runs the business of more than 30,000 companies, organisations, and subsidiaries in more than 100 countries.