Box Moves to Modernize Government IT with New Industry Initiative
OREANDA-NEWS. Box, Inc. (NYSE:BOX), a leading enterprise content management platform, today announced Box for Government, an initiative that enables government organizations to become more efficient, productive, and collaborate more easily between teams and across agencies; improving responsiveness to citizens and key stakeholders. This tailored solution leverages the Box platform and its ecosystem of partners to modernize business processes and accelerate government digitization efforts. The company also announced today that it has received Federal Risk and Authorization Management program (FedRAMP) Provisional Authority to Operate from the Defense Information Systems Agency.
“Box for Government will make it easier than ever for government organizations to deploy Box at scale, become more agile, and drive their digital transformation strategies forward,” said Aaron Levie, co-founder and CEO at Box. “We are heavily focused on bringing the highest level of security and compliance to our customers across all industries. With FedRAMP, we’re now ensuring that the government can get the level of security, protection, and control of data they need to accelerate their move to the cloud and deliver critical government services more efficiently.”
Box is used across some of the largest U.S. federal, state and local agencies, including the U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Department of Justice, United Nations, U.S. Department of Commerce, and the States of California, Washington and New York, to improve information sharing and mission coordination, while ensuring the privacy and security of sensitive data. Box also works with the UK Government Digital Service (GDS), the digital arm of the British government. Box for Government will offer tailored solutions to help government organizations:
- Facilitate and improve secure information sharing and coordination to help employees more quickly and easily resolve cases and drive initiatives with stakeholders in multiple departments, locations, and agencies.
- Retire costly legacy infrastructure, automate business processes and power new digital workflows.
- Enable new and more productive ways of working for employees from anywhere on any device, including teleworking, remote and field operations, and cross-agency working groups.
- Mitigate risk in a landscape of sophisticated threats by providing unparalleled visibility, detection and security tools to ensure sensitive data is securely managed and meets the highest compliance requirements.
Product Capabilities and Compliance
Box for Government enables organizations to manage, govern and collaborate on sensitive content, while maintaining security and compliance by providing the following capabilities and services:
- FedRAMP Compliance: A U.S. Government program that provides a standardized approach to security assessment, authorization, and continuous monitoring for cloud products and services.
- Box Governance: Enables customers to comply with regulatory policies, satisfy e-discovery requests and effectively manage sensitive information.
- Box KeySafe: Offers customer managed encryption key control, unchangeable usage policies and audit logs.
- Box Platform: Allows organizations to leverage the underlying technology that powers Box in their own custom applications to deliver more powerful digital experiences to their constituents.
- Box Consulting Services: Professional services and domain expertise to help customers transform their government operations and workflows with custom integration needs.
- Additional Compliance: Box supports compliance for HIPAA, PCI DSS 3.1, FINRA/SEC 17a-4, FISMA, ISO 27001 and ISO 27018. In addition, Box has achieved UK Government Cloud (G-Cloud) Accreditation, and is a T?V Rheinland Certified Cloud Provider.
“It is encouraging to see cloud service providers like Box adopting the FedRAMP standard to ensure security of government data, and compliance with Federal security requirements,” said Phaedra Chrousos, the Associate Administrator for Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies at the GSA. “A cloud service provider’s compliance with FedRAMP allows agencies to manage sensitive information in the cloud, allowing them to reduce costs and improve mission outcomes."
Government Focused Partner Ecosystem
Box works with an ecosystem of e-signature, security, governance and compliance partners, including IBM, Microsoft, and Salesforce.com, to provide the most trusted services for customers as they manage their content in the cloud. The Box for Government solution offers pre-established partnerships and integrations with hundreds of products, platforms and systems integrators and is available through a variety of channel partners and procurement vehicles including GSA Schedule 70, NASA SEWP and WSCA, and negotiated terms for local compliance.
Founded in 2005, Box [NYSE: BOX] is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As a leading enterprise content management platform, Box helps businesses of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.